Travel Review

by Stella Huang on 2016-07-08 19:47:49 PDT
Screenshot (8)1In April of 2016, I went on a small trip to the popular attraction, Disneyland, with my school band. We had to wake up early, arrive at school at six thirty sharp, and leave at seven. It was horrifying. I accidentally left my flute at home. Luckily, my dad brought it right as we were leaving. On the way there, I realized I had not brought my glasses case, but it was too late. I thought the whole trip was going to be horrible, but the experience proved me wrong.
The first night, we arrived at our hotel, Radisson. As we walked into our room, we found that there weren’t enough beds. I decided to sleep on the ground (with blankets) because I didn’t want to risk kicking anyone. An hour later, we walk to a nearby “restaurant.” Called Medieval Times, it was shaped in arena, separated into six different sectors. Each sector had a color(s). My sector, along with the rest of the band, was black and white. The others were red, yellow, green, blue, and red/yellow. We were given food that was like an ancient meal, corn, mashed potatoes, and “dragon wings” which were really chicken wings. We would watch and cheer as our knight, represented by our colors, fought against the others. Unfortunately, we didn’t win, but it was a fun night.
The next morning, we were heading to Disneyland for our first day. We got there pretty early, at nine in the morning. We were given two vouchers and our tickets, and set free into the park. My group and I decided to go to Matterhorn Bobsleds first. The line was extremely long, but we decided to wait anyways. After, we went to another ride (I forgot the name) when we had to report to somewhere near the Monsters Inc. ride for a soundtrack session! Screenshot (8)We sent behind-the-scenes of the park and got to play music from Tangled, The Night before Christmas, and many others. After being released, we found out that we had used our fastpasses on Hyperspeed Mountain, which was in the other park and on the other side, and we had fifteen minutes. When we got there, we were five minutes early, when we realized that it was the hour that it started (oops.) Nevertheless, we decided to go on it, which was fun, though it was modified for Star Wars, a movie series I never watched. We That day, we decided to go on the Hollywood Tower of Terror, a ride I really didn’t want to go on. But in the end, I decided to go anyways. It was a scary but thrilling ride. That day, while we were leaving, we could see fireworks. That concluded the day, and we all went to sleep (at least I did.)
The second day, we had to wake early, and leave at seven. We arrived at the park, and performed a small show at nine. We then were released for the rest of the day. We went on rides such as California Screamin’ (six times!), It’s a Small World, and the Hollywood tower of Terror. During the afternoon, we decided to go out of the park, and into Downtown Disney. We bought small plushies called ‘tsums.’ After, we walked back into California Adventure, and rode all the rides in Paradise Pier. At night, we were waiting for the popular water show, World of Color, when after an hour, they decided to cancel it because of the weather conditions.
On our last day, we went to a university to practice for CMEA, the California Music Education Association. After an hour, we left and went to eat lunch, then go home. We had a lot of fun going to the park, and having the experience. Except the fact that it was rainy half the time, it was a great adventure.

comments powered by Disqus
Word of the Day
Quote of the Day
Home  |  About Us  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy  |  Terms  | ©2014-2024 Made in Silicon Valley